¿Can you imagine there was a book where you could find pirate treasures in your schoolyard, wild tigers walking by your neighbourhood, detective zombies looking for missing skeletons, children fixing their mothers when they are broken, princesses with dragons as pets and summer camps with monsters around?
Well, all these things happen in this book: “Nico, the Little Detective“. Nico is a child who becomes a detective in order to help others; and looking for cases to solve, embarks on all kinds of adventures.
I hope you have fun reading all the cases that Nico investigates, and I encourage you to also try to solve them on your own; sure you can think of incredible ways to solve them, because all children have a lot of imagination. And to be good detectives don’t forget to practice Nico’s method: Look, Think and Mess!
If you want to know which investigations Nico has worked on, here is a list of the cases he solves.
For more information about the book, visit http://www.nicodetective.com. The following free resources for children are available on this website:
- Activities sheets for your children and students related to the different chapters of the book. In the sheets there are activities to develop creativity, verbal quizs, logical tests and reflective and critical thinking.
- Drawings to colour related to the different chapters of the book.
- The chapter entitled “Ninjas always have good luck“. This story can be used to help children discover that they can improve their luck by changing their attitudes and actions.
- Videogames programmed in Scratch inspired by the different chapters of the book. You can play them and access their programs to see how they are made. I encourage you to not only play these games but also to create Scratch games with your children or students.
- List of discussion topics. The topics covered in the different chapters of the book can be used to develop critical thinking in children.
The book can be purchased at Amazon in paperback and e-book formats. If you want, you can read the beginning of the book at the following link. If you have liked the book, do not forget to write your ratings and comments in the channel through which you acquired it. You can also send me any question or suggestion to the contact provided on the website.
The information on this page can be downloaded in the following booklet: https://bit.ly/340I7Ix